Junior Engineer Job Vacancy
As an undergraduate working within our Engineering & Design department, you will play an important role in supporting our experienced Engineer with enhancing the design and performance of existing products as well as designing and developing new, cutting-edge products to enter the market.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will work towards developing the next generation of Advanced FIA Racing Seats and advancing the capabilities of the engineering department.
The role will cover a variety of engineering disciplines from sheet metal design, composite structures, quality and production engineering.
At times there may be a need for assembly or modification of prototypes so experience working with hand tools and metalworking tools will prove beneficial.
The ideal candidate should be self motivating and be able to work largely unsupervised while meeting defined objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Studying towards or graduated with a BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering degree or similar
- Working towards or acheived a grade of 2.1 or higher
- Understanding of key engineering concepts and ability to utilise hand calculations to validate designs essential
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of modern manufacturing techniques
- Good knowledge of CAD and FEA software (ideally Solidworks) including Surface and Solid modelling skills, as well as clear and concise Engineering Drawings
- Microsoft Office, Especially Excel & Word
- Hand drafting and sketching skills beneficial
- Some experience or knowledge of digital systems and software programming advantageous, various programming languages accepted
- ‘Hands on’ technical abilities advantageous
- An interest in motorsport is advantageous
How to Apply
To apply, please fill in the below application form and upload your up to date CV and a cover letter.