Junior Engineer Job Vacancy
You will play a vital role in supporting our experienced Engineer with enhancing the design and performance of our existing products as well as designing and developing new, cutting-edge products.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will report to the Head of Engineering and work towards developing the next generation of Advanced FIA Racing Seats.
- The role will cover a variety of engineering disciplines including sheet metal design, composite structures, quality and production engineering.
- There may be a need for assembly or modification of prototypes so experience working with hand tools as well as metalworking tools is important.
- The ideal candidate will be self motivated and be able to work mostly unsupervised while always meeting defined objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Studying towards or graduated with a BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering degree or similar.
- Working towards or achieved a grade of 2.1 or higher.
- Understanding of key engineering concepts and ability to utilise hand calculations to validate designs, this is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of modern manufacturing techniques.
- Good knowledge of CAD and FEA software (ideally Solidworks) including Surface and Solid modelling skills, as well as clear and concise Engineering Drawings.
- Microsoft Office, Especially Excel and Word.
- Hand drafting and sketching skills are beneficial.
- Some experience and knowledge of digital systems and software programming desirable, various programming languages accepted.
- ‘Hands on’ technical abilities are valuable.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill in the below application form and upload your up to date CV and a cover letter.